1. We value obedience to Jesus Christ in all situations, recognizing the Bible as the infallible and authoritative Word of God.
2. We value each individual as one who matters to God.
3. We value dependence on and confidence in God’s ability to do more than we can ask or imagine; therefore, we are willing to take risks and expect that God will surprise us.
4. We value Christ honoring, culturally relevant worship.
5. We value evangelistic outreach ministry to those who do not yet belong to Christ and the church.
6. We value each believer growing in Christ likeness and serving in ministry based on their spiritual gifts.
7. We value vital reproducing congregations.
8. We value trained, committed and competent leaders (pastors and lay persons).
9. We value Christian unity within a diverse body of faith.
10. We value accountability among believers and congregations.
Glad you asked! Markleysburg Union is a church full of imperfect people striving to love God and love other people. You can expect to be greeted warmly and welcomed in, no matter who you are, where you've been, or what you're wearing. You'll see young families, senior citizens, and everything in between. Some dress up, others wear jeans and t-shirts. It's all good. You can expect solid Biblical teaching in an environment that encourages living out your faith. And you can expect to meet Jesus. He's the One we're all following!
These principles guide everything we do.
Faith ~ Hope ~ Love
© Markleysburg Union Church | 114 Brown Hill Rd. Markleysburg, PA 15459 | 724-329-7626